Monday, July 19, 2010

Na Na Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Hey Good bye

Ok. I am really taking the organic scare seriously. So far, my family has switched to organic milk. All of my kidlets cereals are organic and gluten free. Mac and cheese is organic. Eggs, bread, meat,cookies (all of the food groups) are slowly but surely making it to organic. Now, i will tell you "natural  is not the same as organic. But, I have kind of had to make due with some products because my town is not privy to cool kids Whole Foods or Trader Joes. In fact, I think I may have to www. some of my new needs. I have also started cooking with coconut oil instead of olive oil. Coconut is supposed to be much better for you. But what really freaked a sister out... check out ewg.com or cosmeticdatabase.com. WOWZA. My pediatrician has always told us to by Vanicream sunscreen (we do) but the baby shampoos and bath soap. SO  scary.Johnson and Johnson... all linked to cancer??????? My husband thinks I am crazy. But, I want to do all I can to give my babies a healthy life. Hubby says : we didn't have organic and we are fine" But my response is .....fine for now.....

My fam and I were out taking a drive and we stopped an talked to some friends of my husband. I guess mine too. They are Catholic but don't take it seriously I guess.  We were all discussing our day. The fam and I just had left church. They said  something along the lines of "oh so boring, father so and so's homily's are all the same that's why we don't go"  I didn't say a word. In an effort to be nice. But, I really think I should have. What I wanted to say...OHHHH...what I wanted to say! I was angry. Angry that they didn't show respect. Part of me thought, do I really want to be around people like this(when I really don't hafta)? Don't we need to be around people we support us and our family in the growth of our faith. I send my Big Boy to Catholic school so he can have that additional  support( along with his family). I LOVE my faith . Granted, maybe I could have said something productive. Something that could have made them think and want to be closer to God. I want them to know that I go to mass to HEAR what father has to say. I go to be with God and my family. Mass is so beautiful. I just don't know what to do. It would be too judgy to not be friends with these people.They are really great people otherwise. But, I will not tolerate someone talking about my family's faith that way. Even if they are Catholic too. If everyone likes you, maybe you don't talk enough. Hum.

Now, please note, I am not being a "non catholic playa hata" I have plenty people in my life, whom I love, who don't share the same religious views as I.  What I do not like, is people who talk ill about our family's faith, regardless of their own faith.  There are all walks of life. Since I have a choice of who my friends are, do these people really fit into my life? Fit in to what I am growing to be.  That is what I am trying to get across. Any suggestions?

No comments: