Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hodge podge

We found out last week that baby number 4 is a... BOY!  More importantly, the ultrasound showed that everything is normal. I was convinced that this next blessing was a girl. So a surprise to me! Our daughter was planning to have the baby crib in her room. When I told her  she would be having a little brother she was happy.....but she said her room is  "girls only" and baby brother needed to find another place to sleep. This coming from a 3 year old. Crazy! Her twin brother graciously welcomes his new brother into his room. So a crib moving we will go!

As I stare at my babies pictures on my desk, am just overwhelmed with how blessed I am in this moment. Chewing on my red twizzler helps too. I cant get enough of those! My stomach says enough. But my mind keeps on going...

Anyhoo. I plan to really get down and dirty this weekend getting the house in order. Only 5 months to go until baby boy. Since I already have 3 kids, that 5 months is really like only having 2 weeks.  Between sickness, school, and activities time flies so fast. I like to be prepared too. :)

I have been a Catholic  all of my life. However, I feel like I have been in a constant conversion process for the past 6 years. I learn so much from reading all of your blogs. Last year, Queen B talked about her Magificat magazine. I didn't even know what it was!!! So I checked it out. They sent me a free copy. I asked for it for Christmas. I am on my second month. I DO love it dearly. However, I am not too committed to the readings as I hoped I would be. I always seem to miss either the morning or evening readings. I pray that during my Lenten journey I will be better at using this awesome tool.

Speaking of Lent. I am again very excited. Excited because our oldest son, who is 5, is really asking great questions. I plan to take him to adoration and the stations of the cross. Mama JD's family is giving up donuts. I suggested this to my son. He is on board too. We are a donut loving family. I hope to also incorporate something that will foster good will amongst my kids. Stuff that they can do for each other. During advent, we had  Jesus in a manger. Anytime they did something nice for each other, they got to put straw in their manger. They still ask if they can do this 4 months after Christmas! I'd better get crackin' on that too.

Thanks so much for taking time to leave comments and for writing your blogs. God bless!

2 comments:

Our Happy Married Life... said...

keep your boy away from my girl or we're going to have issues. :)

Jenny said...

Congratulations! And what great news, "all is well". Prayers to St Gerard for a continued healthy pregnancy, labor and delivery. I'm a new follower from Catholic Mothers Online. Please stop by and return the favor.