Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Plan vs Prepare

Funny what a little sunshine can do!  What a beautiful day God has made today! THANK YOU!  I feel great. The sun is shining. How lovely. Amazing what God can work up in just a days time.

Work has been challenging this year. I think to myself "It is all God's plan" But then I wonder. I can't just be ok with what is happening. I need to do something about it. Right? Maybe by understanding that God has a hand in all of our plans, it allows me to free myself of the disappointment. If a meeting with a client doesn't go the way I want it to then I say it was Gods will. No need to lament or drown in the disappointment.Pick up and keep trying right? If not, I would really be completely down in the dumps all of the time.

In the back of my mind I am wondering what I am to be taught from this "drought" in my business.  In hindsight, I can see many results from what I have prayed for. They were so gradual..on God's time. God has delivered tenfold and in His own way.

The hardest part is listening. Am I doing what He wants me to. What is this time in my business career telling me? New career? That just doesn't feel right to me. I do enjoy what I do. I have flexibility as a mother to do what I need to do. I make a decent living. So asking me, I just don't think a new career is an option.

I think about Mary often these days. When Joseph discovered she was pregnant he was going to quietly divorce her to spare her shame. The shame of being pregnant and not married. Mary accepted this shame willingly in order to follow God's plans for her. Stay with me on this one....What if God really wants me to change jobs?or worse what if the company I represent says "See ya l8r!!"  Granted, my situation would have to be very dire for this to happen. But if that did happen, I too would feel shame , embarrassment, complete failure. Pride much? It is a HUGE worry for me now. Again, realistically, my job is secure now. But, just thinking about the possibility, eeek.

God's plan is His plan. I just need to be prepared to answer Him with a "yes" like Mary did. I need to rest in Him. Place my worries in His hands. Pray that I can discern His will for me versus my own. Easy peasy?

No comments: